CODE OF ETHICS
DEDICATED TO FAIR DEALING
We believe it is our duty to provide an environment where
motor vehicles may be purchased with confidence and that customers should be
treated honestly and fairly. To implement these principles, the Illinois
Independent Automobile Dealers Association membership has adopted this code of
- We will employ truth and accuracy in advertising and
- We will stand by any guarantee given with the sale of a
- We will furnish every purchaser with an approved Bill of
- We will guarantee the title of every car sold by this
- We will comply with National, State and Local rules and laws
prescribed to regulate our business.
- We will not perform any act which would bring disrepute to
the independent automobile industry.
- We will expose or halt, wherever found any scheme designed
to deceive or defraud the automobile buying public and will aid in prosecuting
those guilty of such acts.
- We will strive constantly to improve our business methods to
the end that the public will be better served.
- We will encourage the American system of free enterprise.